Sunday, December 18, 2011

Writing for enjoyment

Since 2005, I have been part of the forum RPG scene, even while things like WoW and the Elder Scrolls series define what it means to take part in an RPG. Though I've always been cautious of my writing capability, I can't help but notice that it keeps improving. I can't quite figure out why, though, the style of my writing keeps reflecting my speaking (and perhaps more importantly, my thinking) more accurately. In that sense, it feels that I am not actually writing at all, but rather, I'm merely transcribing my thoughts without trying to even MAKE it sound like a story.

I can't imagine a profession as a writer though. No matter what I write or how I do it, I can't seem to conjure up the muse to do so at will. That would obviously be a big obstacle.

Other than that, things are going good in general. I designed this blog primarily to document the interesting things that have happened to me (or that I've observed) while in South Korea. This weekend was all duty, so nothing to report. But with the half-day schedule next week, and the very important christmas-birthday-birthday weekend coming up, I've got alot of work to do, and as such, alot of new material to add to this when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment